Hello, and welcome to Ben Waiting! My wife and I are about to become parents and I wanted to create a blog so that the many friends and family that we have out of town will be able to keep up with us and our soon to be son, Ben. I will be posting pictures and linking to videos. You may notice a video bar on the right side of this page...it's empty now but won't be for long. This will link to my YouTube account which is also currently empty.
Just a little history to help those who care and to bore those that don't. My wife and I have been trying to become parents for about 7 years now. It's been a tough road to say the least. But we've persevered with the wonderful support of our friends and family. We decided to adopt a child last summer...having infertility issues is tough. There is a growth process and a healing process which we both went through to get to the point where we're at. But we're there and I'm so happy we are because in less than a week, we are going to be the parents of a little boy!
About three weeks ago, we were selected by Ben's birthmother to parent her son. I will never forget the moment that she asked us to be the parents. I will probably post more about this later, because this is supposed to be an intro blog, not a long-drawn out diatribe. I won't give her name at the moment because I haven't asked her permission...but she is a wonderful woman who Jenni and I have become very enamoured with. She has changed our lives. And for that, I owe her mine. I also won't give any more details about this just yet...not until I discuss it with her.
For those that don't know, I'm a web designer and am currently working on a complete site which will serve the same function as this "cookie cutter" blog. For now, though, considering we only got two weeks notice on becoming parents, this will have to do. I'm about to be very busy (they say) so that project will have to take a back seat to the actual parenting part!
Ben was due on April 9th...currently 5 days late and counting. An inducement date was scheduled for this Thursday, April 17th at 5am. Won't be long now!
Enough for now. Welcome, and feel free to post feedback, help, advice, or just generally go off. Tune in for regular updates and pictures/videos.
Peace!
Jeff
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't wait to see the rest. I continue to wait with you. Congratulations!!! Love you guys.
We just can't stand how excited we are for the two of you!!! The nursery looks great~~
''
U
I an anxiously awaiting the arrival of your little bundle of joy. Can't wait to see pics. Your nursery looks great!
Karen M.
Awesome bro! You guys are going to be such good parents!!
Post a Comment