Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer fun Mini-series! (Post 1 of 5)

I hope everyone enjoyed the last mini-series of post because I'm fixin' to do it again! We've had a fantastic spring/summer so far and have been enjoying the outdoors more than ever. We didn't get out much last summer when Ben was a newborn, but we're making up for it now!

A few weeks ago, we took a family vacation and decided to spend it at home...a "Stay-cation", if you will. I've realized that as a father, I don't really look forward to things as much as I did before. I think that's because I'm living so much more in the moment since Ben came home. So it's not really a bad thing, but events and activities sneak up on me a bit. I didn't really have time before our vacation to really look forward to it. Ironic, because it turned out to be 9 of the best days of my life. Sure, I had paternity leave when Ben was born, but he was just a newborn then who didn't do much. This was the first time since then that I was able to spend more than a few days at a time with Ben. And he's a little dude with a personality now! We had so much fun. And as much as I love my job, I had a really hard time dropping him off at the sitter on my first day back. Anyway, I'll be posting 5 times over the course of the next several days, and 3 of those post will give you all the "Stay-cation" details you need!

For now, enjoy a few of our favorites from between my last posts and our vacation.

What a HAM!

Here's Ben and Great Grandma Breckenridge (that's a mouthful) reading a book before bed!

Ma-ma and Ben showing off those precious smiles!

Daddy's little Guitar Hero!

Keep your eyes peeled for the next several days (or subscribe to an RSS feed...yeah right).

Love,
Jeff, Jenni and Ben

No comments: