Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where Did Our Baby Go? Part Five: Encore!

I wasn't really planning on doing a fifth installment to this series of posts, but we had a moment today that changed my tune. And it's Mother's Day. So I'm dedicating this post to both Natalie and to Jenni because they are both such amazing women who deserve to be appreciated today.

We spent Mother's Day in Canton with Jenni's family. This morning when I woke up, I grabbed Ben, put on his little jacket we headed down to the Lilac bush at the end of the property. As we picked our flowers, I explained to Ben what Mother's Day was about and reminded him that he has two ma-mas to appreciate today. Of course he didn't understand everything I told him, but he did understand when I told him to give the flowers to Ma-Ma and Grandma Dale!

After we got back to Columbus, Ben and I gave Ma-Ma her Mother's Day present. I only got her a hanging flower basket because Ben borrowed so much money to get his present for her. It's a summer beverage dispenser from Pottery Barn that Jenni's been wanting for a while. He helped me write his name on the card and helped me write Ma-Ma on the front. So as we were making room for this thing in our refrigerator, we both sort of lost track of Trouble for a second. I turned around to find him sitting on the floor tipping back a bottle of Hershey's Chocolate syrup! No fair! You can't even be mad about something this cute let alone take it away!

Here's Ma-Ma and Ben with her present from him.

"Nothing like a nice tall bottle of Hershey's finest!"

"Oh boy! I gotta catch my breath!"

"Uh oh! BUSTED!"

"Maybe I'll just get one more chug in..."

Happy Mother's Day!
Jeff, Jenni and Ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha