Sunday, May 3, 2009

Where did our baby go?

It's hard to believe that a year has passed since Ben came into our lives. So much has happened in such a short period of time.

It's been way too long since I've posted. My career sort of hit a growth spurt and I had to ride that wave. I'd been working a ton there for a while. And, I'm happy to say that it all paid off due to a promotion I got a few weeks back now. During that time, I was spending all of my time either working or with Ben and so the blog has taken a back seat for a while. But life is returning to normal and I promise to be more diligent about posting.

So in the meantime, I fully plan to make up for it. If you're seeing this post tonight or within the next few days, check back cuz we'll be posting more. I've looked through the pictures from the last two months and I've narrowed it down to a ton that I'll be posting.

Let's start with a birthday post. Ben turned 1 a couple of weeks ago now. We had an amazing birthday party with amazing weather. Ben's birthmom, Natalie, and her parents came. They came early and we were thinking that they might leave before most of the crowd arrived, but they didn't. They stayed nearly the whole time and we were so happy that they did. It will mean so much to Ben one day to know that they were here to celebrate with us. He slammed his cake, got spoiled and all of the other things you might expect at a kid's first birthday. Here's the proof!

Here's Ben chowin' down on his first birthday cake!

Here's Ben with cousin Andrew in his brand new wagon!

Oh the joy of opening a whole pile of presents just for you!

King for a day!

Here is Ben's birthday cake...prepared by mostly Jenni and Grandma Dale. I provided a little artistic support on the face, but they are the two that slaved over this catepillar for 7 hours!

Check back very soon!
Jeff, Jenni and Ben

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Caterpillar cake is too cute!