Yes, Ben is crawling. He figured that out about a week and a half ago. Since then, it has been a LOT of fun around here. He's very mischievous and is loving his new found freedom. This weekend, he starting pulling himself up into a standing position so we've had to re-adjust the way we do things around here. He's bound and determined to figure out how to climb up the stairs! And, of course, he's taken a few spills because he thinks he can just go anywhere now!
He had an ear infection a few weeks back, so for about 8 days, it was not fun for any of us. There was one stretch where I don't think any of us slept for 5 nights straight...at least I didn't. Ben loves to play with Daddy but for those 8 days, I was chopped suey. He wanted momma to hold him. Actually, that's how we knew he was better...he wanted Daddy again. You see, playmates are no good when you're sick! ;)
So he's saying "Da-da" like it's nobody's business. He says "Ba-ba" once in a while and is definitely communicating with us a lot more non-verbally. He's been making a lot of different sounds though and I keep assuring Jenni that "Ma-ma" is right around the corner!
We're excited about Ben's first Christmas...Jenni had his gifts under the tree and I put a big stop to that. Afterall, Santa doesn't deliver those until Christmas Eve! I know he's too young to understand, but I've been waiting a lonnnnnnnnng time to play this role. So, they're safely hidden away until the time is right! I'll be sure to post again shortly after Christmas so everyone can share in our first Christmas.
So that's the quick update. I know it's been a while so if anyone has any questions, feel free to post them and I will respond.
Merry Christmas!
Jeff, Jenni and Ben
4 comments:
Can't wait to see you guys this week. We miss Ben and want to see all the new things he's doing since even a few weeks ago. Love you all!!
~Uncle Paul, Aunt Mandy, & Morgan
Awesome pictures. I missed you guys at Christmas this year, but I will be there next year. Love all three of you.
Mom/Grandma Breck
I MISS BEN!!!
Ok...time for a new post! Love you three.
Post a Comment