We've had a setback with the whole sleeping through the night thing. Could be due to the toofer he has popping up on his lower left. Some don't believe us, but trust me...this kid is teething. He's been a little more restless although crankiness has been minimal. We'll see how it continues to go. Or, it could be due to the fact that his swaddle blankets won't contain this beast of a child anymore. Jenni and I went out and bought custom cut cloth from JoAnn Fabrics to use as our own swaddle blankets. They're bigger and this seems to be helping some.
He has had a few one-syllable laughs over the past month or two, but nothing sustained until this past Sunday. He was down to his di-di (which he loves) and I was "nibbling" at his belly. He finds that really funny and really busted out of his laughter shell. My knees got weak because there is nothing in this world like hearing your child laugh...nothing. So, the first thing I do when I get home every day is "nibble" at his little belly. And he laughs and I laugh too. With sooooo much love in my heart.
The other important thing to note is that Natalie and her mom came to see Ben a little over a week ago. They were here for almost three hours. It was nice to see them and even nicer for them to see Ben. We had lunch and talked about Ben's progress. We played with Ben and some of his toys for a while. It will mean so much to Ben someday to know that birthmom came to see him.
Ok, here's the pics!
Ok, bye for now!
Love,
Jeff (and Jenni)
1 comment:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! He is the cutest of the cute. I want to see him again. One evening was not enough. See you guys in less than a month.
Post a Comment